Dear colleagues and students,
starting August 4 the HPC-Team will offer a weekly consultation hour, in which you can join us for all questions and concerns about scientific computing.
Scientific Computing Consultation Hour
every Tuesday, 2-3 pm (starting August 4)
in room H-D 6211
as well as online via DFNconf https://conf.dfn.de/webapp/conference/979127069
With this invitation we want to address students and employees who use scientific computing for their work or their studies, independent of their prior knowledge and whether or not they currently use ZIMT systems for their computations.
For example, we offer advice and support for the following topics:
- Networking and knowledge transfer on scientific computing
- Cluster usage
- Problem identification and solving
- Implementation of scientific computing
- Assistance with the choice of appropriate programming language and software
- Selection of suitable hardware or central compute systems
- Software installation and usage
- Efficient usage of systems and software
- Workflow optimization (e.g. job management and data processing
- Performance analysis and optimization of self-written codes
- Application for compute time on larger systems (tier 2 and 1)
We hope this service best accommodates your needs.
Of course, you may continue to contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).